Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Icecast2 + Cortado=bug(client stay connected after shutdown)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Icecast2 + Cortado=bug(client stay connected after shutdown) Reply with quote

Hello,

I've made an Icecast server wich delivers .ogg streams to clients wich are authentified by htpasswd.

-When I connect a client (with Id and Password) with winamp all is working fine : When the client shutdown or stop winamp, he is removed from the client list on the Icecast server properly. And the client reconnect as fast to another stream or the same stream.

-When I connect a client with cortado (Id and Password supplied in applet parameters), it connects fine to the stream, but when the client shutdown the web page, or click a link to listen another stream, he is not removed from the client list on the icecast server.
The client must waits 2 or 4 minutes before Icecast eject him :

[2007-09-14 00:37:38] INFO source/source.c Client 9031 (x.x.x.x) has fallen too far behind, removing

I think if i reduce the buffer or queue size I can manage to reduce the time a client stay connected to server without being really connected, but I want something that works immediatly when changing the stream.

Strange thing : It seems that with a non-signed cortado .JAR the bug isn't there anymore ... (I must invistigate this way, but as I'm working on a distant terminal, and Java don't want unsigned applet with distant connexion, I'm a bit stuck this way).

Any help would be really welcome, I'm breaking my head on it.
Thanks for reading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: