Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Icecast Goes H264 !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zorglub

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Icecast Goes H264 ! Reply with quote

Hi, you streamerz Wink

I 'm sure anyone willing to do video streaming using icecast wil be interessed, as i first was when i realized how easily things can get done when you start getting your hands dirty in icecast's source code.

My server now handles any type of mpeg4 stream, from divx to xvid, and of course H264 throught .ogm encapsulation.

Thing is many ppl will tell you ogm is a ogg hack, and a lost cause, but it does it fine for me this way... Smile just consider ogm encapsulation power

Perfect quality, and very low bitrates, and the use of H264 made me post this thread today, because I searched a lot before finally doing it myself

If you are interessed in getting informations, services, or even a chat with me please email me, and a running stream awaits you for testing the beast Smile

see you
e.botros@cedelia.com
Say it With a Media Message !
ivan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

As you said :
Quote:
If you are interessed in getting informations, services, or even a chat with me please email me, and a running stream awaits you for testing the beast

Yes, yes ! I'm really interessed !

Have you a patch and perhaps some specific config to publish on howto use ogm format ?

For now, I use VLC to broadcast h264+aac on http://modulix.org:9999/live.mp4 but prefer use icecast if possible (as already used for Theora format on http://modulix.org:8000/libre.ogg)
Hope some Xiph issue !
Best regards.
--
Ivan Havlicek
Tailz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old post but.. I really need this patch! Please, guys, is there anyway to, using encapsulation ogm, stream using h.264?

Thanks
Sankt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use VLC to stream H.264 with OGM
Tailz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.
I was trying to do with VLC using the gui (windows) using h.264:

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=h264,vb=400,scale=1}:duplicate{dst=std{access=shout,mux=ogg,dst=source:teste@192.168.1.103:8000//teste.ogm}} :sout-all :sout-keep

It connects to the server but the server doesn't see it as a video streaming. I can't connect with any client and it doesn't appears in my icecast web administration. I tried with a mount named teste.ogg and teste.ogm

Using theora it works normally.

The server and the VLC is last version, running in a windows Vista x64 (but they are x86 compilations)

Is there any mount configuration that I have to set, or a parameter in VLC that I forgot.. or anything?

Thanks alot
Best Regards
Sankt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They may not have h.264 adapted for use within the OGM frame work then.
Tailz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe IceCast doesn't recognizes the video in OGM encapsulation with h.264 video.. because it shows its receiving data, but icecast doesn't see its a video, so, it doesn't works. Is there any patch in icecast to fix it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: