Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Source/DJ auth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Y3K-Radio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Source/DJ auth Reply with quote

Have a choice to authenticate the source, a bit like listener auth.

In my scenario it would be very handy to be able to send over the source auth details to a php script like url authentication for listeners and then only let the DJ connecting to stream if its their turn and if for some reason we need to we can tell the script to return that the source isnt allowed to stream as we have disabled them (maybe due to abusive DJ/inactive DJ that wont leave), this will also make it easier to make sure we know which DJ is currently streaming.

Im not sure if this would be suitable solution for everyone, but the choice would be handy and im sure theres more than just me that would like to see this feature.

Thanks for listening,
Daniel @ Y3K-Radio
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be possible to add, report this in bugs.xiph.org list so that it isn't forgotten about.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to second this request, but expand it a little.

It would be really great if Icecast could ask an SQL database (or even just an external application) for mount point details.

I have a system where various people sign up for mount points for specific periods of time, and right now that either involves me manually editing the icecast.xml file to add their settings, or having a rather convoluted php/perl script which edits icecast.xml for me... but that's just asking for trouble.

It would be really great if you could define a simple SQL database of all mount points and their related settings, which you could then change on the fly to add new customers (sources) without having to edit the config and HUP the server each time....

Also being able to record access and error logs seperately per mount point...

I guess what I'm after are features to enable virtualisation of an icecast server so a customer can be given their own mount point, and access to their own logs and stats without seeing anyone elses.
Y3K-Daniel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
This should be possible to add, report this in bugs.xiph.org list so that it isn't forgotten about.

karl.
Any updates on this?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had many comments on this particular feature in my branch work yet so feel free to try it out. The authentication option is 'stream-auth' and it works in a similar way to listener urls, sends POST and checks for a returned header. Note that for shoutcast style streams, metadata updates also trigger this url but with an added setting on the POST.

karl.
Y3K-Daniel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
I haven't had many comments on this particular feature in my branch work yet so feel free to try it out. The authentication option is 'stream-auth' and it works in a similar way to listener urls, sends POST and checks for a returned header. Note that for shoutcast style streams, metadata updates also trigger this url but with an added setting on the POST.

karl.
OK, so far so good, got your latest branch and its now installed and configured, but i will have to write my site side authentication script again. Then i will post back with how it went (but not that im in a huge rush atm, so might be a while)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: