Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

remote parallelport control icecast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: remote parallelport control icecast Reply with quote

Hello,
Is it possible to make a feature in icecast2 server to have control over the bits of the parallelport.
If I log in as admin I want to use it to have remote control on some hardware in the studio.
Via relais/hardware I can switch some in/output ect.
Thanks.
Han.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can implement what you want as long as you abide by the license. Other than that, it's hard to comment as the description is too vague.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl,
The wanted feature runs on the icecast pc. On that pc is some hardware connected on LPT1 port. If I log in on the icecast server I can see status ect. The wanted feature is under a new tab and gives the status of the 8 bits of LPT1 for that moment, those bit value can be changed (bit by bit) by setting it thrue or fals.
Of course only permitted users (admin) can take control over those bits.
The hardware which is connected on LPT1 is a set of 8 relais which are connected between output of the icecast pc and a FM broadcast transmitter.
With this feature I have control over a few input devices plus the streaming pc and I can set the wanted source to the FM transmitter remotely from anywhere in the world by just logging in on the icecast server.
Is this more clear to you?

Han.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like something that the source client or a web server on the source client machine should be responsible for. I'm not sure why icecast would be involved.

karl
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because icecast is running for that moment and is reachable as admin.
Otherwise I have to look for another web application running on the same pc to control those bits.

Han.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: