Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

icecast Current Song

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: icecast Current Song Reply with quote

Guys,

I hope you can help me, just a newbie in icecast. In the http://domain.com:8000 i can see it display the Current Song. Is it possible to extract that date so i can display the current song in a php page.

Second if possible, to display the last N songs played.

Thanks,

Mike
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look at parsing the playlist log file

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karl,

Many thanks, by the way where i can see that...what's teh actual filename. By the way ill be displaying the current playing song in a index.php

karlH wrote:
look at parsing the playlist log file

karl.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actual filename is whatever name you specify in the <playlistlog> setting. I'm sure you can get the php to parse it

karl.
themarty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and how would you retrieve this information when the php script is on a different server? Is it possible?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not if the script is not on the same server, but you can of course copy it before processing it. You can retrieve the last N lines in the kh codebase but I may want that going through the xsl engine so formatting can be decided by the admin.

karl.
themarty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
not if the script is not on the same server, but you can of course copy it before processing it.

Copy it? You mean copy it to a public accessible file and then retrieve that? That's not really a solution if you want to automate the process (for example, display the current song of the icecast channel that runs on server A, on a website running on server B.

Quote:
You can retrieve the last N lines in the kh codebase but I may want that going through the xsl engine so formatting can be decided by the admin.

What exactly do you mean by retrieving lines for the kh codebase?

Maybe i should have been a bit more clear:

My goal is to write a script that is universal applicable for showing information about icecast servers which run wherever in the world. The programmer would only need to fill in the details of the specific station he wants to grab the information from and the script should do the rest.

I can capture the stream which gives me this information:

(example from kiss-fm stream)
Quote:
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-Type: audio/mpeg
icy-br:128
icy-description:KissFM 106.5 Kyiv, Ukraine
icy-genre:Dance
icy-name:KissFM
icy-pub:1
icy-url:http://kissfm.ua
Server: Icecast 2.3.2
Cache-Control: no-cache
Content-Length: 221183499
Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT

But after that, the audio-stream starts. So i'm looking for another way to grab the current song and ideally a history of songs.

I don't have experience with icecast myself, only with shoutcast servers, for which i've made a script which can display current song, history, etc. I'm just trying to find information to make this script also usefull for icecast stations.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current song can be retrieved from the xsl page, that has always been available to you. The last N metadata updates is not available yet via the web interface only from the log file that is written. I am looking into allowing per-mount playlist logs just like I have done with access logs in kh19 but that is not complete yet.

karl.
themarty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the xsl file the only one that is available through the web? i guess the source of the xsl file is an xml file?
I've tried searching the documentation to see if this xml file is also accessible, but i could only find references to /etc folders (which i guess are not web-accessible).

It would be cool if there was also a status.xml, since xml is much easier to parse then html Wink
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The xsl is a template so the output can be what you want, xml, text, html or something else. since 2.3.2 you can even isolate a specific mountpoint with say /mypage.xsl?mount=/mystream.ogg

Whether that is an xml and csv is completely up to you. The /admin/stats.xml page will give you an idea of what tag are available to you.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: