Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clear and understandable about Video Streaming For New user

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Clear and understandable about Video Streaming For New user Reply with quote

Hi everybody, i like to tell what is video streaming, because when i was new in this field , i searched so many forums and site, but i didn't get clear information about video streaming. for this only i'm going to write about video streaming. Via Internet "video streaming" delivers digitized videos as fast as your connection can receive them. By sending bits of data while you watch, video streaming eliminates the need to wait an hour while an entire clip downloads. Instead, the media is sent in a continuous stream and is played as it is downloading.

You can stream with any speed modem above 28Kbps, but the faster your connection, the better quality you'll get. With a 56Kbps modem connection or better, the result is an instant and seamless real-time video. The main drawbacks are that the viewing screen is only about the size of a biz card, the frame rate is usually lowered to about 15 fps, and the result can sometimes be jerky all to cut down on file size. Most often, streaming video is sent from prerecorded video files, but can also be transmitted as a live broadcast "feed." Hope this will be understandable for everyone Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: