Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Support for Simian and other Radio Broadcast log files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baalpeteor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Support for Simian and other Radio Broadcast log files Reply with quote

support for Simian and others logs and playlist would be good so:
When you are on the http site of the radio station you can see whats currently playing. For my station it stays blank because its live streaming audio and not a playlist. I guess the metadata is only good for an audio playlist but not a live radio broadcast. I have icecast streaming a real RF radio station to the internet so they are in the air and the internet. They use simian and it makes logs of what was played AND it reads from a log. Like right at 12 a.m. each day it opens the new log for that day. If icecast could read that It could smartly say what was playing (unless we went manual and put a cd or something on or a radio personality gets on who doesn't use the air machine). Even so it would be good just to have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: