Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VLC Theora Livestream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
netzoss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: VLC Theora Livestream Reply with quote

Hello,

I have been browsing this forum and the web for days now and could not yet find a way to get my Theora webcam livestream to work with streaming from Windows.

I tried both Vista and XP. Both of them are installed on the same machine. The issue is exactly the same:

While I am able to send (and watch) pre-recorded video, using the same stream output chain as with the livestream, VLC crashes instantly when streaming live ogg theora video from my webcam.
This also happens when streaming to screen but not when just opening the video device to display on screen.

So I suppose it is the transcoding that causes vlc to crash.

I am running icecast-2.3.1-1, installed from icecast-2.3.1-1.i586.rpm, on SUSE 9.0 and the VLC Video Player 0.9.9.

Stream Output Chain:

:sout=#transcode{vcodec=theo,vb=800,scale=1,acodec=vorb,ab=128,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=shout,mux=ogg,dst=source:pass@ip:8000/test}}

I would appreciate any comments on what may be wrong.

Thanks
netzoss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I realized that this topic may have better been posted in the source clients forum. Sorry about that.

For anyone who may run into the same problem:

I have managed to solve this issue by setting video width and video height for transcoding in the VLC settings dialogue (I am running a Germa version so I do not know what that menu option is named in the English version).

Regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: