Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jack as a source server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tech@whus.org

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Jack as a source server Reply with quote

This post is somewhat of a continuation of my last thread. I am looking to setup an icecast/source server that can split audio from 3 different soundcards using one source server then use icecast to stream the audio data from each source independantly. Someone on the board recommended I use JACK as my client, and looking at the website for JACK audio this seems like a great solution. Can anyone point me to some documentation that explains the use of JACK specifically with icecast?
jcr
Modérateur français
Modérateur français

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Sure jack low latency audio server is realy a good solution.

As a start, you'll need jaxkd, the server daemon, and at least qjackctl, agraphical connection kit for devices and apps. It looks like a classic audio patch bay and its use is really simple.

Jack can use up to 8 soundcards, at least it's what I see scanning source. You'll only need to assign those soundcards to named patches in jack bay.

You can then use any classic client (jack aware) such as ices, muse, darkice, savonet, as a stream source.

Ubustu Feed has a very good tutorial. A very good post is also available in Plant CCRMA mailing list archive.

If this can help you. I can't tell you direct hardware names taps created by jack, as this depends on hardware found.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: