Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ices 2(kh), Jack, Mac OS X, Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaronhorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Ices 2(kh), Jack, Mac OS X, Problems Reply with quote

Hello,

I am currently using ices2-kh and am having various problems with getting a solid stream, I understand some of the problems I may be getting could be due to a bad internet connection but would like to confirm that.

The first problem I am getting are constant drops, eg.
[2006-02-20 13:19:15] EROR om_shout/output_ogg_shout Failed to write to host.host.etc.etc.com:1234/stream.ogg (Socket error)
[2006-02-20 13:19:17] INFO om_shout/check_shout_connected Connected to server: host.host.etc.etc.com:1234/stream.ogg

These are enough to boot listeners even with the two second reconnect time.

The next problem is even more anoying and requires me to reconnect the jack ports each time.

[2006-02-20 13:08:16] EROR input-jack/jack_read Failed buffer allocation
[2006-02-20 13:08:16] INFO input/input_loop Closing input module
[2006-02-20 13:08:17] INFO input-jack/jack_open_module Registering as ices:in_1,ices:in_2

[2006-02-20 13:08:17] INFO input-jack/jack_open_module Channels 2 / Samplerate 44100
[2006-02-20 13:08:17] INFO metadata/metadata_thread_signal Updating metadata with 1 comments
[2006-02-20 13:08:19] EROR input-jack/jack_read Failed buffer allocation

And so on till it reconnects.

Does anyone know what is causing the second problem at all? Is it my mac or is it another problem?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'Failed to write' can very well be because of some network issue, the other case is if icecast drops the connection.

The buffer allocation messages refer to a pool of buffers been emptied, you should have enough but you can increase them with the <buffers> tag in <input>. The cause though is usually because ices is not getting enough CPU, another possibility is some scheduling contention, renicing the task may be helpful.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: