Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Icecast + Shoutcast DSP... please help me out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ns4u

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Using Icecast + Shoutcast DSP... please help me out Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm very new to icecast. I had a shoutcast radio going (dsp + shoutcast server) but I need to switch to icecast because the features are better and because I plan to buy the Minicaster PRO player for my radio used on my site.

I need help setting up the configuration of icecast to make it all work with the shoutcast DSP. I am not dumb but please explain it well and be patient with me i'm a icecast n00b Smile

Thanks in advance!
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we already ship some examples, including one that shows a shoutcast compatible setup for those source clients. The basic thing to note is the listen-socket section in the xml eg

<listen-socket>
<port>8000</port>
<shoutcast-mount>/mystream</shoutcast-mount>
</listen-socket>

And providing your network is setup to allow port 8000 and port 8001 to icecast then you'll be able to stream.

karl.
ns4u

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the fast reply.

So just to make sure, it HAS to be 8000 and 8001? It cannot be 9010 and 9011 for example?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it can be any port you wish, the quirk is that the shoutcast protocol requires port N and N+1 the second being implicitly defined by the shoutcast-mount tag. note as well that you can have multiple listen-socket blocks allowing multiple streams at the same time.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: