Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need to stream NSV using a ICECAST protocol!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ-Zath

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: I need to stream NSV using a ICECAST protocol! Reply with quote

Hi everyone! hi karl!

Heres the task.. and WHY:

I have been working with .NSV and the nsv tools app to send a LIVE NSV video stream..

I have a working capcard (digital rapids - DRC-500, VERY nice cap card.. I highly-recommend it if you got the ca$h!)

I have the VP6 CODEC installed and running

I have nsvtools running, all is up and working.. however, there one tiny FLAW... nsvtools uses the ICY (shoutcast) protocol and icecast requires a special mount for this situation (of course we all know this part). The problem is I need to be able to SWITCH the video feeds internally but icecast will not (and can NOT) switch 2 or more shoutcast mounts! In order for the fallback/mount seclection to work, at least the receding mount MUST be icecast-proper and each mount to be switched must be accompanied by an icecast-proper mount as well!

this is a PROBLEM!

in order for this to work, I need the studio to be able to SEND an .NSV live video feed using vp6 and using true icecast2 protocol..

I haven't found anything that can use VP6/NSV that sends true icecast2-protocol thats reliable or consistant..

any ideas?

Now, unless theres a way to get icecast to swap (fallback) one shoutcast mount onto another shoutcast mount directly... in that case, I'm all EARS!

-DjZ-
Smile Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: