Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MP3 Streaming and PHP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TIV

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: MP3 Streaming and PHP Reply with quote

Hi there guys,

I got a serious exercise. I have to create a website (LAMP), where users can choose songs and play them with an online - flash? - player on PC, PDA, MOBILE! Details and questions...
    1. Every user has to able to create his/her own playlist. Choosing songs then clicking on the play button would be the best way. How can I add the songlist to the streaming server? How can I add the playlist to the source client with php? Perhaps it would be better if an url meant a playlist.

2. I have to know if the user has finished a song, or the user has stopped listening a song. for example...
    SONG1 - listened fully
    SONG2 - stopped playing at 1:30
    SONG3 - not played at all
    Is this impossible or worse?Smile)

3. Okay... flash player on the website... the new mobile phones can use browsers and use the flash players... however I would like to control the player with my buttons on the phone Smile for example if i press 3, it means NEXT SONG... if i press 1, it means PREVIOUS... is there a player with this feature? (if it's open source, perhaps i can modify the code)

Which source client do you recommend for me?
How can I add playlist from PHP to the source client / user?
Is Icecast suitable for this exercise?

Thank you so much in advance!
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could use a 1 listener per mountpoint type setup, using auth url (listener add/remove) to manage the source client and stats. The kh tree does provide a few things that would help in the configuration aspect like wildcard mounts and allowing for a Mountpoint: header on return to move to a uniquely computer generated mountpoint used by the source client. The auth script could be used to determine where the listener stopped listening. For finer control of the source client, like next song or add to playlist, you would need to hook in some web scripts to configure the source client.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: