Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clear-up Misconception
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

libshout can do throttling although you don't have to use it. As for the sampling aspect, it's just a question of knowing how much data you are dealing with, ie if it's 44100 samples a second and you have read 11025 samples then you know you have 250ms of audio so you know how long you need to sleep for. What you end up with is an absolute time of all the samples you have sent so far and then you determine the duration you need to sleep.

karl.
lifestream

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well KarlH;

I finally finished me preliminary Vorbis only stream. I want to thank you for having a lot of patient with my lack of understanding. The knowledge gain help me jump start my very low power radio station. I used Ogg Vorbis as my Studio link transport agent and I can, if the need exist, simultaneously have a internet radio stream. I remember our earlier conversation we had about whether the responsible for ensuring that there are no large gaps between pages should be handle by the source, is no longer a debateable issue for me. In my scheme, the source handles this among others. There are no ogg or vorbis libraries found in the studio/streaming server. A signal is sent ahead of the actual headers, so the server just captures the data instream. This provide for a very fast transfer of data. Timing, throttling, and latency is handle by the source due to the speed of the server. The server literally acts as a high speed connection transporter that is network throttle by the source as needed. This is only achievable because of the strong standardization rules imposed on the source.

These are the players that worked successfully:
Amarok linux
Kaffeine linux
Ogg123 linux
Winamp microsoft
Pocket-Tunes palm

Players that were unsuccessfully:
Mplayers linux microsoft

Although, this is the prototype and many others issue have to be solved, I think I will continue with this development of this server/source project.

Thanks,
Vince
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Dev Branches All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: