Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

passing arguments to ices2's playlist/script-module

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: passing arguments to ices2's playlist/script-module Reply with quote

hi!

I'm using ices2's playlist/script-module as a source-client for my icecast-server.
Currently I'm working on a music database, which also includes playlist-creation and management. I wan't the users to be able to listen to their playlists (which are stored on the server) via the icecast-server. therefore i'd need to pass arguments (like playlistname or id) to the script-module, which are then forwarded to the script.

how can i accomplish this?!

greetings, Stefan
MikeS
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'program' configuration string for the playlist module ends up just being passed directly to a call to popen() - so if you quote things properly, you can add whatever arguments you want right there.

Does that do what you want?
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: no.... Reply with quote

no, not really... i meant something like
Code:
http://server:8000/playlist.ogg?id=1

which then would be forwared to the 'program' configuration string.

that's what i initially meant, but meanwhile i know, that this won't work for me ; )

thanks, anyway
EvilOverlord
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to do something vaguely similar to this; allow users to interact with ices via the web.

I wrote a python module which controlled ices (set playlist type to python in ices config) ices then send whatever I instructed to the icecast server.

To allow the python module to make the right decisions I wrote a php script which the user activated through a web server (seperate from the icecast server), this script interacted with config files for the python script and called a SIGUSR1 to the ices process so that it would skip to the next track and run the python module.

Not a beautiful solution, but it worked Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: