Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Icecast2 Issue
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superfrank

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Icecast2 Issue Reply with quote

Wandering why I just get Icecast2 connected when using
Quote:
localhost
as hostname, beleaveme I've try any other way (at least that's I beleave) and when get connected only in the computer where sotfwares are installed can be runs, in that pc works perfectly, everything's runs just fine but no one client can listen to the stream from another pc if changing [quote]localhost /quote] for an ip address then server can't connects. Any idea, please?

I've try with:
SAM4
Winnamp
Using Winxp pro
All softwares just in one pc as a server
Please, just to be sure the IP I should use is the one giving for whatismyip.com?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hostname should be set to the IP/name your listeners can use so localhost is not going to be valid for anyone but yourself. If access is prevented when using a valid IP then you will have to check that IP/port to see if you can get by the firewall.

karl.
superfrank

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Icecast2 Issue Reply with quote

Thanks for answer me, Karl
Well I've been doing any kind of test in any ifferent ways to see If I could connect from other computer, with not good result.

I don't like to give up to something aparently simple, because if I can connect itself I beleave next step might be esier than past steps.

Whats the ip I should used in server?

1. the same one I use for my web page where the users will connect to listen to the stream.

2. The one displayed when enter at www.whatismyip.com

3 The one I used as IP address into Internet Protocol in Control Pannel When setting up my internet connection.

4. Or one provided for Icecast2

Please Let me know
and thanks again

Frank
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not difficult, it is supposed to be the address that say I would use to listen to your stream. localhost would not work, 192.168.x.x would not work, some valid DNS name would or the IP address from whatsmyip would. Whether that is the same as your web page I don't know because I am not aware of how you have set up your system. icecast is not required to be on the same machine as a web server.

The thing to test first is whether you can get the status page from an external point. That test does not depend on the <hostname> setting, but it does prove whether icecast can answer the queries.

karl.
superfrank

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject: Icecast2 Issue Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Karl, I apreciated your informations but it's seems to be nagative for me to have icecast2 connected in my system.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need to be clearer on what that means. If you cannot get the status page (ie a timeout) then the problem will be down to a firewall or port forwarding.

karl.
superfrank

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Icecast2 Issue Reply with quote

When intented to open url from other computer allways goes "connecting" then says that couldn't find the file to openning...
Now I'm giving myself my last change by uninstall and reinstall evrything to see what happen I'll let you know when I finish...

thanks again
superfrank

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Icecast2 Issue Reply with quote

Just staying "connected to host" you can see it here
http://labachatera.com:8000/envivo.mp3
superfrank

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Icecast2 Issue Reply with quote

Well I asumed that it doesn't find the host because the oddsact couldn't connect to.

Question: in the tutorial I'm follwing up doesn't say nothing about the part reffering to host in icecast2 server configuration, I suposed it should talk about same ip or name url mencioned in stream url, isn't it?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The address:port is rejected, so either you are not running anything there or the port is set to deny connections. Are you port forwarding?

karl.
superfrank

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Icecast2 Issue Reply with quote

Can you try again please as I have stoped server,
Try it now please
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, still getting a rejection

karl.
superfrank

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Icecast2 Issue Reply with quote

Last edited by superfrank on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
superfrank

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Icecast2 Issue Reply with quote

spl4tt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have the same problem.
I'll add some more detail for my case:

1. I use Comcast Internet Cable
2. Comcast use dynamic IP address

Is there any solution for my case? because with this dynamic IP address, I couldn't see my IP address or DNS name
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: