Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LiquidSoap: everything looks good, but stream won't play

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicDevel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: LiquidSoap: everything looks good, but stream won't play Reply with quote

Edit: Solved: I lowered the sample and bit rates and presto! it played - at least in chrome, not sure what the deal with FF is yet - if you are having the same issue, check the liquidsoap cookbook for how to start liquidsoap with different (lower) sample and bitrates.

Hi Karl,

Thanks for being so active on this forum.

I've finally got everything setup, IceCast (which was pretty easy) and LiquidSoap (which has a lot of dependencies) and according to the command line output (for starting a liquidsoap stream) and icecast admin page (http) it looks like it's working, however, when I try to access the stream nothing plays.

One time when I killed the stream via ssh one of the players I was using played about 15 seconds of queued music from the stream so I know it's transmitting to a degree, but it's not working as expected.

I'm not sure how to check to see what I'm missing here.

From the IceCast admin panel:

audio_info bitrate=128;samplerate=44100;channels=2
bitrate 128
channels 2
genre Misc
listener_peak 3
listeners 2
listenurl http://localhost:8000/test.mp3
max_listeners unlimited
public 1
samplerate 44100
server_description Liquidsoap Radio!
server_name test.mp3
server_type audio/mpeg
server_url http://savonet.sf.net
slow_listeners 0
source_ip 184.172.20.50
stream_start Fri, 29 Jul 2011 21:01:35 -0500
title Unknown
total_bytes_read 1824200
total_bytes_sent 351096
user_agent Liquidsoap/1.0.0-beta2.1 (Unix; OCaml 3.12.1)

the source IP is correct. The server name is what I entered for the mount point from liquidsoap, you can see the IceCast registers 2 listeners - both me, from 2 different forms of html 5 players. I'm not sure why server_url is listed as savonet.sf.net or if that's a potential issue.

If you could point to the right place to look for the potential issue, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Last edited by musicDevel on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
musicDevel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have some more information:

In Chrome the stream will not play natively (with the stream URL entered in the address bar) - it does seems to recognize that there is media to play, but nothing happens when clicking the native play button.

However, in FF the stream does play - but only for about 3-4 seconds after reloading the stream URL. Each time I reload it, the music played is updated to the current stream content.
musicDevel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Solution Reply with quote

Solution: I lowered the sample and bit rates and presto! it played - at least in chrome, not sure what the deal with FF is yet - if you are having the same issue, check the liquidsoap cookbook for how to start liquidsoap with different (lower) sample and bitrates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: