Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Icecast 2 & Audiorealm.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Radio Underground Sound

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Icecast 2 & Audiorealm.com Reply with quote

Dear all,

This is my first post and I hope someone can answer the following questions

1. I broadcast using SAM broadcasting software and broadcast a mp3 stream on port 80 through Loudcity relays. My problem is the audio has never worked on Audiorealm.com Does anyone have their station working on audiorealm. My track lists work fine and there are no errors showing in SAM. The touch log tells me everything is working OK but still no audio. Is it possible to have the audio working on audiorealm.com or is there a conflict between Icecast 2 and audioreal.com? Someone told me the player on audiorealm can not detect the bit rate

2. I real basic terms how do you get your station listed on http://dir.xiph.org/index.php I have read the help files but they are to technical. I need a really, really basic step by step instruction.

Thanks,

David Elvin
Radio Underground Sound
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure of the interaction with audiorealm that is better asked of them but icecast does allow for a number of different directories to be used.

for directory listing the key things are:-

Build icecast with curl support (usually the case but look for YP support in the configure output),

The <directory> tag group is in the xml, this is so you can list with whichever directories you wish

Each stream need to be flagged as being ok for listing, usually this is set in the source client as something like advertise, public or yp. But you can override it in icecast mount with entries like public or no-yp

The <hostname> setting should be valid to list, entries like localhost or 192.x.x.x are no good

karl.
m3gab0y

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Icecast build with CURL support, and Audiorealm returns "605: blocked" or something like that.
I use SAM Broadcsater 4.7.1 under Debian Linux, and Icecast 2.3.2-kh28 under CentOS.
Radio Underground Sound

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Icecast 2 & Audiorealm Reply with quote

I also use Sam 4.7.1 but from what I have been told by audiorealm tech support Icecast II is not going to work due to their player not being able to tell the bit rate.

Where do you list your sight? I am finding it very difficult to gain listener without being on shoucast or audiorealm. I may have to jump ship and start broadcasting through a shoutcast server.

m3gab0y wrote:
I have Icecast build with CURL support, and Audiorealm returns "605: blocked" or something like that.
I use SAM Broadcsater 4.7.1 under Debian Linux, and Icecast 2.3.2-kh28 under CentOS.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure why that is, it's not that icecast somehow removes bitrate information from a stream.

karl.
iunderwood

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a late chime-in, but the problem is that SAM Broadcaster doesn't detect the right bitrate from IceCast. It's a long-standing and currently unresolved bug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: