Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple Streams from One Source Generator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musicDevel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Multiple Streams from One Source Generator Reply with quote

Here's what I'm trying to do:
Allow users to create new radios on the fly.

I'm unclear from the iceS 0.4 documentation, does a single instance of iceS support multiple streams, or would I need a new instance of iceS for each new concurrent stream. (that is a different, concurrent stream to send to icecast for broadcasting).

If IceS 0.4 doesn't support generation of multiple source streams, can anyone suggest a source streamer that does (for mp3 & m4a)

Or, would I need to dynamically manage multiple instances of a streamer...

Or, would I need to create multiple static instances and then connect them dynamically to their playlists and start/stop them?

Sounds complex, I need help!

Thanks,
Brandon
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A single ices allows for creating multiple outgoing streams (usually different bitrates) from a single input feed (a playlist). You will need multiple ices running if you have multiple playlists.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: