Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ices0 - possible to tune into another stream?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sceneserver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Ices0 - possible to tune into another stream? Reply with quote

Is it possible to setup an instance of Ices to tune into another stream? I am setup and running with the playlist working on local files ending in .mp3. I would really like to setup the playlist to tune into an icecast or shoutcast server, effectively making ices0 a relay.
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, difficult one, I haven't tried it but you could switch the playlist file to one with a single entry to a named pipe which is attached to something like a curl process retrieving the stream in question. So all you would need is something to replace that playlist, start the curl, maybe signal ices. you could do that via the scripted playlist of course.

karl.
sceneserver

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm not a bad idea...
would it make a difference if the stream is local?

I have ices setup right now to play from a playlist, and hit a remote station server, as well as broadcast to a localhost shoutcast port.

When streaming live shows from a nite club, I want ices to relay off the shoutcast (sourced from winamp not ices) and pass the stream to the remote station...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: