Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking to setup a streaming video server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: looking to setup a streaming video server Reply with quote

I searched the forums for help prior to registering and posting, please forgive me if I did not search well enough.

I provide web hosting services for people, and recently one of my clients asked me about live video streaming. He has family all over the country, and being that he and his wife are having twins soon, he would like to have a live video feed of he and his wife holding the babies for the rest of the family to see.

I have never worked with streaming video before, only streaming audio. I've got Shoutcast Server installed on my dedicated machine, which is running Linux. I want to help out my client, and provide not only an easy streaming experience, but an even easier viewing experience. I know that when streaming audio with Shoutcast, the listener may use a variety of applications to listen to the stream, is this also true for streaming video?

Thank you in advance for any support anyone can provide for me.

Regards,
-Rob
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with icecast you have the choice of nsv or theora, both are handled by vlc but other apps may do both or just one, mplayer can play, wmp with oggcodecs can do theora, real/helix can do theora, winamp can do nsv. So it depends on what you want to use.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I also have a little problem. I'm trying to switch the server from nvs with shoutcast, in ogg with icecast. Because not all the people have winamp, or want to install AOL Activ X.

98% have windows media player or real player. Can someone help me with some doc's. The ones from this forum i didn't undestend them , i tryed to make on the server exacly like in the "howto" but in the end i had only errors.

Thx.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: