Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

centova and icecast kh maximum sources

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djrvencode

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: centova and icecast kh maximum sources Reply with quote

Hi there, I'm writing here because I've got a problem with centova cast 2.2.6 and icecast kh 31.13, the issue is that centova doesn't allow me select a MAXIMUM SOURCES(advanced tab) value lower than 3, some of you have had the same problem with centova and icecast? is there some place where you can change that minimum value of 3? I'd like to select just 1 source as maximum for example, centova takes the value no problem with that, but at the end it always shows 3 no matter if you selected 1 or 2, and of course I did run some tests and in fact it allows me connect up to 3 sources, the fourth is always disconnected, so let's say the disconnection system is working, but the main problem is that I can't change that maximum value to a lower figure than 3.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me!
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really a centova issue, it's probably validating the input in the php so there's not much we can say to resolve it. You could overwrite the generated xml but you will have to be aware that the changes could be removed.

karl.
djrvencode

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Karl for your reply and recommendations, but let me ask you another thing:

when I am broadcasting to 2 differents mount points in icecast and some of them is above of server bitrate limit centova doesn't take any action, have you experienced something similar? meanwhile if I'm broadcasting to just one mount point and it exceeds bit rate limit it warns me by email and shuts down the server! that is fine! but with more than one mount point this doesn't happen! I mean if I set an icecast server with bitrate limit of 80Kbps and I start to broadcast to mount point mp1 at 48kbps and later I start to broadcast to a second mount point mp2 at 48kbps, 64kbps or even 96kbps centova doesn't take any action! well if you have passed by the same situation I've described above I'd appreciate your advice! thanks

I'm using centova 2.2.6 and icecast Kh 2.3.2 - 31.13
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My impression of centova is that it was designed for shoutcast and the limitations it has to work with and then they made it work with icecast but still had some of same limitations, the main one being that only 1 stream is handled and therefore only 1 set of bitrate figures.

Obviously centova may very well resolve those restrictions in future. Not sure what would be a good way to implement a multiple stream limiter, centova does query and xsl which they provide, I suppose you could modify it to show the total of the incoming_bitrates but it's not trivial.

karl
djrvencode

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks anyway for your reply! do you know any other panel to manage icecast KH version streams?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, but then the xml files are not that difficult.

karl.
greatmenjmt

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been experiencing the same problem with centova and i write to support but they say it might be the files permissions and owner, i know its not that on my case but you could check it just in case. i have now another problem with centova but i will create a new topic for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: