Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

icecast kh31 and metadata

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greatmenjmt

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: icecast kh31 and metadata Reply with quote

im having weird problems with a customer who have 6 he-aac v2 streams after i move him to centova and one server for each stream.

this is happening not on a regular basis but it worry me:

sometimes when youre listen his streams you get disconnect every 5-10 min, no matter witch player you use (he is using sam broadcaster to broadcast and the source dont get disconnect for hours); but if i try using orban opticodec to stream on one of his channels the listeners dont get disconnect...

but now is happening a weird thing: the metadata get stoped and dont actualize anymore on the 6 channels at same time and i check the logs and found that icecast is receiving the data:

xx.xxx.xxx.xx - source [20/May/2012:19:02:53 -0430] "GET /admin/metadata?mode=updinfo&mount=%2Ftequeromantico&song=Tequeradio%20%2D%20Solo%20musica&url=%26artist%3DTequeradio%26tit" 200 184 "-" "Mozilla/3.0 (compatible)" 0

xx.xxx.xxx.xx - source [20/May/2012:19:03:01 -0430] "GET /admin/metadata?mode=updinfo&mount=%2Ftequeromantico&song=Steve%20Wonder%20%26%20Julio%20Inglesias%20%2D%20My%20Love&url=%2" 200 184 "-" "Mozilla/3.0 (compatible)" 0

what could be this?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a player disconnects then icecast will not know the reason why. There may be something in the stream that changes, if icecast forces a disconnection then something will be logged.

If there is a problem of metadata updating then you need to provide details, version of icecast, when the update occurred and what shows in the error log at the time.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: