Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with low frame rate (< 4 fps)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gabor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Problems with low frame rate (< 4 fps) Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm developing a streaming solution with quite uncommon characteristics. We have some image snapshots that arrive regularly but with a very low frequency and we would like to observe these images as a video stream. The conversion to video is easy, ffmpeg can create a Theora ogg stream from the static pictures and I already got it working. The problem is that I cannot go below 4 fps. The images arrive with less frequency than 4 image / second so I would like to decrease the frame rate. If I just generate such a low frame rate video, I can open it on VLC but it only works through Icecast if the frame rate is at least 4. As a result, the system is quite CPU-intensive, while it could work more effectively with much less fps, even 0.25 or around. Has anyone experienced such a problem? Is there any easy solution? Or is it some kind of internal limitation of Icecast?
Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Video Streaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: