Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to choose a source client

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerome_FA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: How to choose a source client Reply with quote

Hello,
Until there, i was using Icecast (on a "Kimsufi" server at OVH in france), which i was feeding by my personnal computeur (using winamp + oddcast). I was streaming 2-3 live sessions per week.

Now, i was thinking of switching to a 24h/24, 7d/7 streaming. I tjhink i will keep icecast on the server, my computer for the 2-3 live sessions of the week, and adding a source client on the server (in fallback) for the rest of the time.

My specifications are :
- mp3 capabilities
- Playlists management : I have all my mp3's sorted by styles (in folders), and i want to creat a schedule like "monday 8 to 10 this style" "friday 14 to 18 this style", and a random play in the good folders during those times
- A jingle every 3 or 5 tracks
- A fade in/out between tracks
- a graphical interface for remote management
- and naturaly working with icecast

If you know which client would be the best for my use, it would be really nice, i'm a bit lost in there...
Thanks a lot
djeddieo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerome, I joined this forum primarily to interact with you my friend!! I am new to Icecast, and I started with mixxx as source client. mixxx is aimed primarily at beat-matching dance-music DJs, one of which I used to be. These days, my taste runs to indie pop and rock, so seamless quick cuts are what I want. mixxx was working fine for a while on "AutoDJ" mode, requiring me only to keep the "crate" loaded. I put my "jingles" in queue where I wanted them and let it play. At some point mixxx crashed on me and I couldn't load entire playlists or enable AutoDJ so I switched to Winamp. I'm not crazy about Winamp but it's working fine for now. Check out my stream live.djeddieo.com (in a flash widget) or wifi.djeddieo.com:8000/live (in your browser or media player). Let me know what you think, and give me your URL as well. Bon chance!!
jerome_FA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winamp would be fine for me, if y was using my pc ton upload the stream to the server, but not on a remote server.
In fact, i use now Airtime, which is free, and really great for what i was thinkig.
My stream is http://radio.furiousanimatin.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Source Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: