Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Relay Help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woogieman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Relay Help? Reply with quote

I have a hypothetical question?
I have an icecast2 server receiving on port 8000 on local ip 10.1.10.100,
I also have an Apache web server on another box on local ip 10.1.10.140. Both boxes running CentOS 6.
Is there any way to relay the feed on the port 8000 box to the web server box so we can then listen on port 80 the web server?
I am trying to figure out how to bypass the port 8000 restrictions so many companies (all it seems) place on us. It is really messing up our live broadcasts where we have to use whatever the live location will let us do.
After reading the info on relays it seems I could possibly use it to reroute?
I greatly appreciate your help!
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icecast can listen on port 80, you just need to start it as root, or you could use port mapping on the router or firewall to redirect to port 8000. While use a proxy facility could work with apache, it is a messy solution and involves not only the internal routing but also the apache process.

karl.
woogieman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems almost like a Mission Impossible. There has to be an easier way to get past corp firewalls at least to be able to listen. I was hoping that HTML 5 would help solve the problem but it hasn't happened. I only want to be able to listen through the web browser but cannot figure out a way to just listen without all the port restrictions. The restrictions are fine when you are broadcasting and can just be considered a limitation to broadcasting but we need a simple way to listen. Any solutions on the horizon?? I know I'm not the only one who needs this.
Thanx Karl you are always a great help!!
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure what you are having trouble with. If port 80 is not going to work then how would you expect any web pages to work? Whether you use flash / html5 or a standalone player for listening is not really a concern from a port point of view

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: