Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible to take action based on referring URL?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nonapeptide

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Possible to take action based on referring URL? Reply with quote

I have a situation where an IceCast server would ideally deny connections based on referring URL. There should be only one domain that can link people to the server. Currently I'm thinking I could make some kind of front end Apache proxy server that has a set of rules concerning referring URLs and destinations. Rewrites to the backend IceCast servers would be granted or disallowed based on the rules I set out.

However, just to make sure I'm not missing something obvious, is there some way of making that a reality using IceCast's KH branch alone?
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this post, sorry for not getting back.

auth url passes the listeners referer in the POST for listener_add, you can use that as test condition for returning the icecast-auth-user header or not. You can also return a Location: header to redirect them elsewhere or a Mountpoint: header to send then to another stream/file on the same icecast. Each requires a 200 OK response.

karl.
Nonapeptide

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karlH wrote:
I missed this post, sorry for not getting back.

auth url passes the listeners referer in the POST for listener_add, you can use that as test condition for returning the icecast-auth-user header or not. You can also return a Location: header to redirect them elsewhere or a Mountpoint: header to send then to another stream/file on the same icecast. Each requires a 200 OK response.

karl.

Ohhhhh, okay. Yes, I recall reading about this but it didn't "click" because I had no reason to use it at the time. I'll look into that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: