Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Server Director via IC or external software - Linux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rec91402

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Server Director via IC or external software - Linux Reply with quote

I am in a situation where I need to "direct" clients connecting to our feed(s) to go to server x, y or z.

BUT

Various software which points to our feed(s) has URL links like:

server.domain.invalid:8000/feeda
server.domain.invalid:8000/feedb
server.domain.invalid:8000/feedc
etc...

Additionally various software "polls" errr 'scrapes' status.xsl for active feeds from "server.domain.invalid:8000/status.xsl" and thus lists the feeds active or down etc.. and changing this to server1, server2 would break that software...

I would like to split some of the "heavy" user feeds to their own server(s)...

say server1,server2 etc...

BUT

when a client requests
server.domain.invalid:8000/feeda

Then either the Main (master?) IC server or some software shim does something that says:

Go here! - > server1.domain.invalid:8000/feeda

I've read about auth_ option scripts and etc.. Is that the only way?

Or possibly...

Using the "load balancer" tags in IC to along the lines..

Master
feeda
limit users to say 1
send to relay on server 2 unlimited
???

Something that is turn key for a quick fix would be great...

Must work on CentOS Linux or Ubuntu 12.04 Server (I am in the process of moving to have all my servers on Ubuntu based servers unless I absolutely need CPanel) on Icecast 2.3.3

I am not adverse to prorgamming something in PHP5, but right now I need a solution.....quick fix...

Why do this? ?

Well umm... well... either the heavy users are maxing out the server (VPS) OR hitting the limit of users able connect...

Comments?

Suggestions??

Questions??

Bueller?

Thanks in advance...
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that the 2.3.3 release has any redirect support, you would need some php to return redirects to the actual icecast addresses. The auth listener_add facility you mentioned is in the KH build and works by returning a 200 response with a Location: http://... header.

The other ways on the KH build are to define a <redirect>http://... in a mount which forces a 302 response to the other address, or to configure the icecast to bounce new listeners to another server if a limit is reached. I can detail it here but if you are on 2.3.3 then it wont apply.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Icecast Server All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: