Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index Icecast Streaming Media Server
Icecast is a Xiph Foundation Project

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some clients (with IE) not playing MP3 stream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Some clients (with IE) not playing MP3 stream Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me why some clients (same IE version and same Flash-plugin version as i have) can't listen to my icecast mp3 stream.
I'm using flash to play my stream.

As i said i've got the same version IE and flash plugin and firewall is off on both systems.

stream is at http://www.onlinepodium.nl (2nd steam)

Thanks,

Ramon
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not heard of anything that could explain it, I have heard of some issue with flash on IE whether it's a bug or security setting I don't know. Determine if the stream is being retrieved in the failure case, that way you can narrow down the actual problem to transfer or playback.

karl.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When try to listen to the stream on the site (on the client that's not working), the server-admin pages tell me that listeners = 1. So that tells me that te server is streaming to the client properly, but the client can't play the steam.

I've tried listening to the stream directly through iTunes and that's no problem. Plays ok.

So i has the be flash/IE.

btw it plays fine in firefox.

Ramon
karlH
Code Warrior
Code Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so flash is getting the stream data, but is not decoding/playing back the audio. It's unlikely that decoding will be the issue. however that is no guarentee. The Flash support people should be the people you need to address this to.

karl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Icecast Streaming Media Server Forum Index -> Listener Clients All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: